Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Seasons

Every year when fall arrives, my thoughts are consumed with family, tea, and Thanksgiving. Although, most people think of Christmas as their favorite holiday, Thanksgiving is mine! The brilliant colors on the trees in the fall cause me to be thankful for what God has created. If the time could just stand still in the fall it would be okay with me. No hot weather, still some sunshine, and cold enough to have hot tea in the afternoons. This year though, I just want time to fly. I am trying to enjoy every moment and be thankful where God has me, but just something in me wants time to go by quickly. Jeremy will not be home this holiday season and I guess that I am dreading the holiday time that was meant for families to be together. I am not writing this so that all of you feel sorry for us, because God has allowed this in our lives and He will sustain us through it. I am mainly writing this because to most people, except military families, they are unaware of what our families actually go through being separated. I do not usually write a lot about it because I figure if they really wanted to know about the struggles and what they can pray for they would ask. My main purpose for my post is to remind everyone to be thankful for one another and for the blessings God has given them in the season that God has them.

3 comments:

the Miller's said...

I can't tell you how often I look at your posts...I have such admiration for you and your family. Please know that I pray for you often, and for Jeremy's safety. I will be praying for extra strength for you all during this holiday season. God Bless you!!

Sally said...

You spoke to my heart friend! I look forward to getting through these next months together. God Bless you!

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

I hear you! Deployments always seem to be harder around the holidays. Just remember you are not alone, and we are going through the same thing down here, so I'm thinking of you guys and praying for you!